cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User and Master HDP not working after Firmware Update

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I have and IBM/Lenovo x200 Notebook and used the Intel 320 120GB SSD for a while now. Today i wanted to update the Firmware.

I have disabled the User HDP (Hard Disk Password) in order to install the firmware update. The update was successfull, but after reinstating the user and master hard disk password (which are both very easy to type) both passwords are no longer accepted.

I have already checked y/z, caps lock and everything, the passwords still do not work.

Is there any way to reset or clear the passwords? Data on the hard drive is not important as i have backups.

4 REPLIES 4

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I wonder if this bug was added in the new firmware.

Unfortunately, I think you will have to RMA the drive.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Do you know where i should look for a RMA contact in germany?

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Was your SSD connected directly to a SATA port in your motherboard when you changed the password?

Some user in this forum had the same problem when he set a password with his SSD connected with a USB-SATA adapter.

This probably wont work but try an empty password. Also you should try your password, or something close to it again, maybe you made a typo when you entered the User password ?. If your password doesnt work then the drive is bricked,

You can http://www.intel.com/support/9089.htm contact technical support for an RMA authorization number.

Germany Phone# 069 9509 6099

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

The SSD was in the normal hdd bay of the Lenovo x200 all the time.

Today i have even tried to use the SSD in another Fujitsu PC at work but still it does not accept the password.

I have tried with possible typos but it did not help.

I will apply for a RMA.