cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TRIM under XP

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello,

I have bought a X25-V and i'm under XP, how to activate TRIM ?

what is his advantage ? i know TRIM is used by defaut on Windows7....

25 REPLIES 25

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello PeterUK,

I have now "This tool is not supported on the selected drive" i really do not understand why... it is my

SSD HD 😞

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

What the motherboard and what driver are you using?

For the SSD Optimizer to work in XP, you need:

1) A 34nm G2 Intel SSD (you have)

2) Firmware version 02HA or higher (should have)

3) Microsoft AHCI or Intel Matrix Storage Manager drivers (I suspect this to the reason)

http://download.intel.com/design/flash/nand/mainstream/Intel_SSD_Optimizer_White_Paper.pdf http://download.intel.com/design/flash/nand/mainstream/Intel_SSD_Optimizer_White_Paper.pdf

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello,

> Firmware version 02HA (should have)

I have 02HD

> Microsoft AHCI or Intel Matrix Storage Manager drivers (I suspect this to the reason)

My SATA controller are NVIDIA MCP51 so IMSM are not compatible...

TIP ! I have found the solution on a competitor community forum

The second tweak is changing the Nvidia driver to the Microsoft one. Go to Device Manager -> IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers. You should see the device 'NVIDIA nForce Serial ATA Controller', or maybe a few of them depending on how many devices you have installed. Go to properties on each one and for every ****** drive, do the following. Go to Driver -> Update Driver -> 'Install from a specific list or location (Advanced)' -> 'Don't search. I will choose the driver to install.' Select 'Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller' and click 'Next'. Click 'Finish' and reboot.

This tweak is a must for anyone with an Nforce chipset as it gives a great boost in the reads and a small increase in writes.

So now it works ! i will answer shortly to give you comparison speed...