cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

system hangs and several "disk read error"s w/ X25M160G2GC

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello there,

I've serious problems with my X25-M ssd.

several times a day my system freezes, hangs or shows me a bluescreen. After the reset I get the "disk read error, please press ctrl+alt+del"...

I have to wait like for 5minutes to get system booted. It's pretty annoying because I can't figure out what the problem is.

The freezes are happening during playing online games, watching youtube or doing things with my VMs.

And ... it's my second ssd-drive with this error. SMART looks good within the ssd-toolbox.

Does anyone have any suggestions please?! I could still exchange the disk at my deal ... but as it is the second one, I don't know how low my dealer will play that game with me

my system:

model: INTEL SSDSA2M160G2GC

firmware: 2CV102HD

board: msi neo3-f (p35 chipset)

latest drivers, bios etc are installed

thanks for your help

Denny

1 REPLY 1

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I have the same problem. I thought it was solved by switching off SMART monitoring in the bios, but after a week the problems have returned. It seems to be a conflict on the mobo. When the drive freezes the ide light on the mobo stays on.

It is quite typical for the drive to disappear in the BIOS after a crash. Unplugging the power supply to the ssd normally fixes this.

I find that typically I can go days without a problem and then I get numerous crashes.

I know other people using the same mobo with no problems, but it does seem to be related directly to the mobo in my case.

I run MS AHCI drivers. I have tried RST drivers and it made no difference.

Next I change the mobo to an Intel board and change the ram to see what that does.

I don't normally get system event errors after a crash, but when I do this is what appears.

Source: atapi

The driver detected a controller error on \Device\Ide\IdePort0.Source: NtfsThe system failed to flush data to the transaction log. Corruption may occur.Source: DiskThe device, \Device\Harddisk1\DR1, is not ready for access yet.Source: DiskAn error was detected on device \Device\Harddisk1\DR1 during a paging operation.Source: NtfsThe system failed to flush data to the transaction log. Corruption may occur.

System details:

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Version 6.1.7600 Build 7600 x64

Mother board Rampage Extreme

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Extreme CPU Q6850 @ 3.00GHz, 2997 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)

BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 1202, 18/06/2009

SMBIOS Version 2.4

Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 1.9V 6.00 GB

Graphics: ATI 4870x2

Sound card: Asus Xonar DX2