cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSD Toolbox: Background worker currently busy

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I am using Windows XP SP3, Intel X25-M 80GB, and Intel SSD Toolbox 2.0.0.0000. The drive is connected through an Adaptec SAS/SATA 48300 adapter on a PCI-X slot.

During the install of Intel SSD Toolbox, I received an error message about not having the .net 2.0 framework installed. So I installed the .net 2.0 framework, and after trying to run the Intel SSD toolbox installation, the message still appears about not having the framework installed. I then installed the .net 4.0 framework (which seems to be the newest) and any updates that were available. Even so, the message about the .net framework not being present still appears. I went ahead and installed Intel SSD Toolbox even though the message still appeared stating that the .net framework was not present. Perhaps this has something to do with the error message that appears after hitting the refresh button in SSD Toolbox (described next)?

Now I am receiving this error when I try to run Intel SSD Toolbox: The background worker is currently busy and cannot run

multiple tasks concurrently.

What happens is after starting the program, it begins looking for drives. The program appears to have not found any drives since none are in the list after the refreshing icon changes to a refresh button. I hit the refresh button and the error message stated above appears. Other times when I start SSD Toolbox it will find four drives on the computer but after clicking on the SSD, it refreshes the list of drives. All of the buttons below the list of drives are inactive (except the Exit button).

Here is the full detail on the error message:

See the end of this message for details on invoking

just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************

System.InvalidOperationException: This BackgroundWorker is currently busy and cannot run multiple tasks concurrently.

at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.RunWorkerAsync(Object argument)

at System.ComponentModel.BackgroundWorker.RunWorkerAsync()

at DriveComboBox.ReadDrives(Boolean SelectFirstIntel)

at DriveComboBox.ReadDrives()

at MastheadForm.RefreshDriveList(Object sender, MouseEventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnMouseClick(MouseEventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************

mscorlib

Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3082 (QFE.050727-3000)

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll

----------------------------------------

Intel SSD Toolbox

Win32 Version: 2.0.0.000

CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Intel/Intel%AE%20Solid-State%20Drive%20Toolbox/Intel%20SSD%20Toolbox.exe

msvcm90

Assembly Version: 9.0.21022.8

Win32 Version: 9.00.21022.8

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/WinSxS/x86_Microsoft.VC90.CRT_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_9.0.21022.8_x-ww_d08d0375/msvcm90.dll

System.Windows.Forms

Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000)

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll

System

Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000)

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll

System.Drawing

2 REPLIES 2

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I had a few versions of the .NET framework installed. I uninstalled all of them, uninstalled SSD Toolbox, then installed .NET 2.0 framework and SSD Toolbox. Still the drive cannot be selected and the Toolbox is acting strange.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Not much help to be found on this forum.

I found out my Adaptec 48300 drive controller does not support AHCI.

I also have an Nvidia video card so that may be a problem also. Apparently people are having trouble with Nvidia video cards, according to other forums.