cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSD Password locked after secure erase with SSD Toolbox

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I had a hard drive start stating i had a GRUB hard disk error after a windows restart a couple hours ago and windows could not fix the partition. After which i decided to do a secure erase on my other computer that had SSD Toolbox after successfully doing this i tried to install windows on the other computer to the SSD again and it would not work. I then tryed installing it in my computer that i did the secure erase on and it shows that the SSD is locked in Intel Rapid Storage Technology program. I do not know the password and do not know how to go about getting it unlocked or retrieveing the password. if someone could please help me as i would like to get my server, which uses this intel x25-v SSD as its OS drive, back up an running.

Thanks!

Marcus

2 REPLIES 2

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

In a word, SOL. Or is that three words. In any case, the drive is locked. You need the password to unlock the firmware in the drive. A grub error indicates the drive was used before. Return it and get your money back or RMA the drive to the manufacturer.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

doubt i can return it or rma it its at least 2 years old or so. Idk how long the warranty is on the drive or anything so idk what im gonna do. Could i use parted magic boot disk and go into linux an use HDparm to unlock the drive?