cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Raid 0 showing as half it's volume

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I have an Asus P6T motherboard with onboard Raid chip ICH8R and I created a raid -0 with both my SSD 25M 80 Hardddrives for a total volume of 160GB. Then I started to notice that on boot up, one of the drives during the boot sequence screen for onboard Raid configuration would show up as not function...but would still boot up into Windows7 without any problem.

So I installed the latest Intel Rapid Storage and checked both disks and there was nothing wrong with either volume.

This is where I think I buggered up the drivers:

I setup both drives as single arrays using the Intel Storage so I can test each drive. Both passed. I then recreated the Raid 0 with the Intel Storage software but now it shows up as Raid 0 only on half it's volume size. So to be clear, I have a Raid 0 with a single drive? and the other is accessible with a different letter to it's volume...fully accessible. The bios sequence shows Raid 0 as being 160G so I'm not sure why they are showing up a two single drives....but still considered as Raid 0.

How can I get back the total of 160 Raid - 0 again? I don't have a clue on what happened.

I hope I explained this properly.

4 REPLIES 4

RGiff
Contributor

In your computer managment , does it show Partitions?? on your drives??

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

It shows a windows 7 self created RAW partition 99MB from the C drive and the remainder being viewed as a Simple Basic drive.

The other driver ( called K in the attached image) seems to be viewed as the same.

You may have to reinstall windows but manuely set the partitions on the RAID

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

No that's not it but I appreciate the effort Robert.

Uninstall Intel Storage volume software and restart.

Go to storage in Computer Management and unallocatte the second drive. Then expand the initial drive to take full capacity of both drives.

You can then reinstall the Intel software if you want..not really necessary since TRIM is not available for Raid.

Cheers