cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems to install Windows 7

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi! I have a problem that somehow is connected to my X25-80Gb SSD-drive.

Have built a PC on a Gigabyte GA-P55-UD3 motherboard. Everything has worked fine until I got to the OS-installation.

The intention was to install the OS on the SSD-drive. The installation works fine up until a certain stage where the intallation ALWAYS freezes.

The PC just stalls, and NOTHING happens...

I get to the point where the installation says "Completing installation"...and then...nothing....I 've waited over night just to make sure that nothing was going on in the background...but nothing.

Once I replaced the SSD-drive with a disk-drive....then everything worked, so I sent the SSD-drive back.....the retailer tested it, and found that it worked fine, so I got it back....same problem still remains.

What have i tried more?

Disconnected all USB-equipment. Nothing

Changed from IDE to AHCI in Bios, and back. Nothing

Another DVD.Nothing

To me there seems to be something that makes my motherboard refuse to install on the SSD-drive. Is there any specific settings that the MB may require?

Anybody have any ideas? Do I need to buy another MB to get this working?

Very greatful for any suggestions!

BR from Sweden.

6 REPLIES 6

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Are you using the blue SATA 3Gb/s ports or the white SATA 6Gb/s ports? You want to use the blue ports since they are on the native controller.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi!

Sorry, my MoBo doesn't have any Sata 6GB ports, all blue.....the MoBo is two years old.....but still never used before.....so old, but brand new....

Björn