cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with the SSD Toolbox

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

The FW update went through without a hitch, and the same goes for the SSD Toolbox, but after I started up the toolbox, it shows "Error Connecting to Drive" in the HDD selection menu, and the only action I can do is refresh or exit.

Any idea what the issue may be? I'm running Win7 Pro on a E6600/nforce 680i chipset

5 REPLIES 5

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I am having the same issue, 80GB SSDSA2M080G2GC, ASUS M2N-E, nvidia 570 chipset, Windows Vista 32-bit, MS drivers (I did not install the nvidia chipset drivers, I'm using the drivers included with Vista. I did install the nvidia graphics driver for my videocard). Please let me know any more information that would be useful for troubleshooting.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I had the same thing, had to reinstall Windows 7, set to IDE Mode for Drive in BIOS. nForce 4 Mobo.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Unfortunately, my BIOS doesn't seem to have the option for IDE mode, I can set it to auto or none, and if I change it to none, it doesn't detect that I have the drive installed, and won't boot.

I did try installing the nvidia nforce driver and updating the mobo bios to revision 1701, but neither seemed to help. I'm curious to hear if this is a general problem with nvidia chipsets, it may be time to upgrade to a Core i7

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Same issue here. Board is Asus P5N-E SLI (Nvidia nforce 650i SLI chipset). I eventually ran the tool by connecting my SSD to the spare bay in a laptop with intel chipset. My main concern is that this may mean AHCI is not working on my desktop and that background TRIM commands will not be sent by Win 7.