cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with SSD

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I have a x25 160GB Intel SSD. I have had it about a year and it has been working great. The other day my comptuer was at a black screen and while powered on, was dead. I rebooted and it returned. it happened two more time over the next few days and then this weekend, just completely would not reboot.

I used the windows 7 dvd to boot the system and tried to recover the boot system and ran the bootrec.exe utilities.

The boot dvd sees the windows installation, I can even use the command prompt to see the contents of the drive.

It just will not boot.

The system goes through the process and gets to a verifying DMI pool screen, then goes blank and the system is dead.

The board is a Gigabyte socket 1366 board with and intel 58 chipset.

Is there any hope? I would really not want to lose everything and start over especially since the drive is working enough to be able to see the contents, but just can't boot.

I have been told on another message board to run the Toolbox to examine the drive, but without and O/S, how can I do that??

If anyone needs more information let me know.

Any help appreciated. I do not know where else to turn...

2 REPLIES 2

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Do you have another computer avaliable? Can you plug the SSD into that as a non-boot drive?

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

At the present no. My continued internet solutions search is unproductive and I fear I may be forced to purchase another drive and rebuild my system. Then I would use THIS drive as a non-boot. However, what is it that you want me to do by doing that??