cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor Raid0 benchmarks for intel x25 g2

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Shouldn't I be seeing a read average of about 400+ for hd tune here? This is set up in a dell xps8000 raid 0 with 128 blocks on Win7. Thanks for any Help.

21 REPLIES 21

DZand
Contributor III

Which Southbridge chip has your mainboard and which RAID driver version are you running?

Here are the benchmark results of my Intel ICH9R system with 2x160 Intel X245-M G2 SSD's as RAID0 running with the Intel RST RAID driver v9.5.0.1037 (OS: Win7 x64):

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

The chipset is the Ibex Peak P55, processor is the i7 860. After I installed Win7 I popped in a dell resource CD with all the drivers for my system. It scanned my system and put checkmarks next to the hardware it recognized and I installed those drivers. It did not put a checkmark next to intel matrix storage manager. You think I should give that a shot?

Also here is additional Belarc Adviser data about my system …

Intel(R) ICH8R/ICH9R/ICH10R/DO SATA RAID Controller

DZand
Contributor III

Since you have a better chipset and CPU than me, you should get better benchmark results than those you had posted.

If I were you, I would try the new Intel RST RAID driver v9.5.0.1037 (you can get them at http://www.station-drivers.com). They are working great for me and seem to be optimized for being used with Intel SSD's and Win7.

Questions:

1. Did you flash the new - meanwhile withdrawn - Intel SSD TRIM firmware?

2. How did you partition your RAID?

3. Do you have any hdd outside the RAID? If yes, where is the MBR?

4. Where and how big is your pagefile?

5. Did you disable the Antivirus software while doing the benchmark tests?

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Fernando thanks for trying to help.

The drives were never flashed and are not partitioned. There are no other drives in the system and the pagefile is the default for win 7 install(8gb matching total ram). There is no antivirus installed. I am wondering if I missed a step during the OS install. I believe the default raid drivers were installed during the original installation. It's been several days since the original install and I do not remember being asked to load a Raid driver. Maybe I should try reinstalling the OS?