cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Performance Issues: X25-M with all optizimations set

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello! I've thoroughly read the boards to optimize my new SSD, and still it's slow.

*** System Specifications ***

* Lenovo T61, 2 GHz Core2 Duo

* Latest BIOS

* Intel ICH8M-E/M SATA AHCI Controller

* 4GB Memory

* Windows 7 Enterprise x32

* NVidia Quadro NVS 140M (128MB)

* Windows completely updated

* Lenovo drivers completely updated

* AHCI enabled in the BIOS

* SSD Firmware: 02HD

*** Optimizations ***

* Intel Rapid Storage Technology, version 9.6.0.1014 (ahci driver)

* Patch for DirectX 11 installed (KB2028560)

* Superfetch disabled

* Intel's Toolbox v1.3 installed, and manual TRIM run

* Disk Defragmenter disabled

*** AS SSD Benchmark Results ***

AS SSD Benchmark 1.5.3784.37609

------------------------------Name: INTEL SSDSA2M080G2GCFirmware: 2CV1Controller: iaStorOffset: 69632 K - OKSize: 74.53 GBDate: 9/2/2010 9:38:59 AM------------------------------Sequential:------------------------------Read: 133.44 MB/sWrite: 73.66 MB/s------------------------------4K:------------------------------Read: 13.94 MB/sWrite: 20.79 MB/s------------------------------4K-64Threads:------------------------------Read: 94.93 MB/sWrite: 54.82 MB/s------------------------------Access Times:------------------------------Read: 0.154 msWrite: 0.201 ms------------------------------Score:------------------------------Read: 122Write: 83Total: 270------------------------------

Any help would be very appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

the default hd for Thinkpad T61 is "120.0 GB - Serial ATA-150 - 5400.0 rpm "

>>> serial ATA-150 <<< </span>

according to the spec his SATA interface is compatible with 300 but maybe since the previous HD was maybe at 150 you need to set it up somewhere in the bios to go to 3gb instead of 1.5gb

this is most probabily why your SSD is going slow

actually in the lenovo site there is a firmware upgrade specific for SSD in thinkpad

maybe it will fix your problem

http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?lndocid=MIGR-69806 http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?lndocid=MIGR-69806

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Thanks for your reply! In looking into the specs on my particular Thinkpad (the T61), and on the Lenovo forums, Lenovo did not switch on SATA3 on this and prior models "due to the issues of compatibility with the PATA ultrabay and the power usage on battery." It appears the PATA ultrabay, which can only run at the equivalent of SATA1.5, also holds back the main HD. No upgrade to the BIOS is planned. Switch not available in current BIOS. Sooooo.... I'm stuck with half the performance most everyone can get out of these drives. Still very good, but missing a bit of the "wow" factor.