cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Drives Detected by SSD Toolbox v 1.3

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Lenovo T61 corporate laptop. Windows XP serv pack 3. Had helpdesk install the Intel X25-M Mainstream SSDSA2MH080G2R5 2.5" 80GB SATA II MLC Internal Solid State Drive. Seems to work fine. Had help desk install Toolbox v1.3 since I have no admin rights. It was apparently installed for all users. When I start the toolbox, NO drives are displayed. Refresh does nothing. When I click the management tools tab, it throws up an error message window that keeps appearing no matter how many times I close it (then I kill the program with task manager.) When I click other tabs such as fast diagnostic scan I get two options on the left but nothing else and the start button is grayed out.

Part of error message text

DataGridView Defalut Error Dialog

4 REPLIES 4

MSaey1
New Contributor

Hi There,

I'm having the same issue with SSD toolbox !

Installed a 80GB X25-M SSD with Acronis True Image (clone drive)

Everything is working perfectly, but as we're still using WinXP at work, I asked for SSD toolbox to be installed. (no admin rights as well)

The SSD does not appear in the program & when I click SSD management Tools I get the "DataGridView Default Error" Dialog.

Could this be related to the lack of admin rights which wouldn't allow access to the HDD ?

Detail of the dialog :

---------------------------

DataGridView Default Error Dialog---------------------------The following exception occurred in the DataGridView:

System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Property accessor 'Status' on object 'Trimmer' threw the following exception:'Object reference not set to an instance of an object.' ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at Trimmer.LastRunTime()

at Trimmer.get_Status()

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at System.ComponentModel.ReflectPropertyDescriptor.GetValue(Object component)

at System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView.DataGridViewDataConnection.GetValue(Int32 boundColumnIndex, Int32 columnIndex, Int32 rowIndex)

To replace this default dialog please handle the DataError event.

---------------------------OK ---------------------------

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

My company help desk used their admin rights to install the program and it would not work as I described in my original post. Finally they agreed to give me admin right for a few minutes to test the program. When I had admin rights the program ran fine. Then they took the rights away and it won't run again. So far they won't agree to give me admin rights and the program is useless.

MSaey1
New Contributor

Thanks for the update!

I hope they will grant me access to run (only) this app in Admin mode.

Manual Trim is really necessary when running WinXP

zavier55
New Contributor

I examine the usermanual and followed the practise for the ADC academic the only with trimmer potentio however I gotthis no LED turned on, although I join the 3.3V pin at once to the input pin.