cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New SSD Toolbox is a winner!!!

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Just installed the intel matrix storage manager and then the ssd toolbox. Took 45 minutes to optimize my ssd but well worth it, I don't think windows 7 was trimming anything even with the proper firmware and using the microsoft ahci drivers. My boot time went from 15 seconds down to 10. Everything just seems to be even faster and smoother. Kinda like disk defragmenter for SSD's. Great job intel. Nice fix. Since you only have to run it once a week, forget using the windows 7 built in trim. The matrix storage manager drivers are WAY better and really how much trouble is it to click the button once a week to run the toolbox.

10 REPLIES 10

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Well, your improved boot time is due to using IMSM, not TRIM. TRIM has nothing to do with read performance of your SSD. Also, you can automate Toolbox TRIM. No need to push any buttons.

I for one stick with the old Toolbox though, since I dont use restore points but a real backup solution for my system drive. I dont see why I should let Toolbox fill my SSD once every week (and thus reducing its lifespan artificially) if the old one apparently achieved the same without doing that.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Whatever floats your boat.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

rick7653:

What computer and motherboard you have?

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Homemade. With ASUS P6-T motherboard and 3 gigs of 1066 tripple chanel ram. Core I-7 2.66 ghz