cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel SSD toolbox does not recognize Intel 520 120gb ssd

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I recently installed my new Intel 520 ssd 120gb drive with windows 7 64 bit. It is connected to a MS-7390 mobo. I had to install it in IDE mode since the computer is back from 2008 and the BIOS doesnt support AHCI. It has been running fine for the past two weeks but I wanted to see if the performance has deteriorated over that time. So i installed the toolbox and unfortunately it says unknown next to the model number. Therefore the optimizer button and SMART feature are disabled because it doesnt recognize the drive. Any ideas on how to get this to work?

3 REPLIES 3

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

You've got an older AMD board and chipset, about all you can do is update the BIOS and the SATA drivers to the latest version you can find.

What OS are you using?

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Using windows 7 64 bit. Any advice on updating the bios and sata drivers (ie. are all sata drivers the same or do i have to find the one specific to my MSI board)? I heard flashing the bios can be tricky, is this something I should even attempt?

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Drivers are chipset specific. You must use drivers designed for your motherboard and therefore should be obtained from the board manufacturer.