cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel SSD 510 Series 120 GB - UEFI Installation Issue!

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I am testing an Intel SSD 510 Series 120 GB on my Intel DP67BG - the "normal" Windows Installation works just fine. When I try to install Win 7 64 bit Prof in UEFI mode the System hangs in the E7 (waiting for user Input) State for 3 Minutes during booting. I tried almost everything - deleted the Drive - new Cable - Reinstallation of Win 7 - other Keyboard - etc.

I need help, please!

Greetings from Berlin

3 REPLIES 3

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Sorry, I am not too familar with UEFI "mode" so would be able to elaborate? UEFI is just the replacement of BIOS.

Is the UEFI up-to-date? (I want to say BIOS so bad!)

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

BIOS-Version is 1900

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

It is a nightmare to get it to work. It sounds like you have managed to format and install Win7 right? Or I assume that you have managed the format part with the correct partitioning (and you have to have the UEFI Boot enabled when doing the install). If that is the case you have to re-work you Win7 installation disk. Apparently there is something wrong with the installation disk and you have to compile a new installation disk from your original. Try googling it, I can´t remember where I found the last clue, but lets put it this way. It was not worth it! I spent probably at least 2h getting it all setup and finally working, and to be honest I see no improvement whatsoever! It only creates issues. If you ever boot something else, like a USB thumbdrive or a rescue disc or whatever you have to go into BIOS and disable UEFI boot or it wont accept the devices / discs and so on.

I actually found the forum that helped the solve it:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?s=e4bf938a3b5f41b95dc79fa8e73f5c8c&showtopic=184349&pid=1... entry1477406

Post # 2 in that forum.

Just don´t waste your precious time on geek features that add no value...