cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel 520 240GB not recognized in SSD toolbox

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Symptom: Drive is not recognized as an Intel 240GB drive.

Toolbox home screen

Drive Summary section shows

Model: Unknown 240G

Firmware Version: 400i

Serial Number: is correct

SMART Summery section:

Drive Health: blank Estimated life remaining: blank

(SMART drive health and SMART Estimated life remaining are not available when the

SMART Feature is disabled)

Intel SSD Optimizer button in upper corners is "grayed out" not gray just not visibly available

Using all SATA ports on the DX79SI board with RAID configured. SSD and CD/DVD in 6gbs ports and recognized in BIOS, Four 500GB dries in 3GB ports and configured for raid 10, recognized in BIOS

Option ROM version 3.0.1.1370 AND RSTe version 3.0.0.3011 (tried to update to 3.0.0.3020 without success, program runs without error but checking help, about still shows 3.0.0.3011)

I hope to get this working as I have two other i7920 boxes with SSD's and it works on them. I've read a little about the sata chipset, which by the way was a pain when I loaded the OS on the SSD, had to resort to the old F6 method, but it's not the quite same in WIN7 64bit

Any suggestions, Ideas?

2 REPLIES 2

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Sounds like same problem as I had.

Have a look here: /thread/28097?tstart=0 http://communities.intel.com/thread/28097?tstart=0

It's your RSTe driver that causes the problem. You need to manually install the non-enterprise RST driver through the device manager.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Thanks for the info and link. I'll read up on the work around and give it a try.

Are you using sata configured as RAID in BIOS?