cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel 510 250GB Read Failure

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Odd, as my PC works apart from the occassional freeze for 30 seconds. However when I run V2.02 of the tool box I get 'Read Scan' Failed.

Can I fix this?

Cheers.

Andi.

6 REPLIES 6

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Please provide output (screen shot) from the "Check SMART attributes" tab. And no, AFAIK this is not something that's fixable aside from an RMA.

Thank you.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Thanks for the reply SMART attributes option is greyed out, SMART is enabled in BIOS.

Andi.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

The BIOS option has nothing to do with the Intel SSD Toolbox tool's capability. The BIOS option when enabled issues an ATA command to the drive whch returns the overall SMART health status during system boot (prior to the OS loading). If the overall health check is failing, the system will pause/stall and inform you of such. That's all the BIOS option does.

If Check SMART Attributes is greyed out, something else is going on with your drive that is extremely unpleasant. Can you please download and install HD Tune Pro (trial version is fine) and provide a screen shot of the Health tab for your drive? Thanks.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Downloaded the trial version and the PC froze while doing a scan. I'll try in another PC.

Andi.