cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In a dual boot desktop Win 7 in a HD works fine,but Linux in Intel 520 SSD no, any solution please?

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello,

I have a dual boot desktop.

1.- Booting from Win 7 running on a HD Western Digital Caviar Black is fine, internet connection works fine and the Operating System do not freeze.

2.- But when I boot from the Host PCLinuxOS LXDE in an Intel 240GB, Series 520 SSD, this is having a lot of problems to connect to the internet, I have an intermittent and slow connection, and Linux randomly freeze, so I have to reset the desktop and it is the same equipment and connection.

2.1 I work with Linux since 2003 I have never seen so stable OS like this, this is the first time in 9 years I have seen Linux to go freeze and experience Internet connection problems. I have same LXDE PCLinuxOS version in my laptop that is also a Core i7, but do not have an SSD, and it connects fast to the Internet and never got freeze.

So I suspect the problem is the SSD, because it is the only thing different I have in my Desktop. Linux do not work fine since I installed the Intel 520 SSD in the Desktop.

3.- Intel SSD Toolbox in the Win 7 indicates that the SSD is 100% Healthy and it has 100% Life.

4.- Can somebody help me to find the solution?

Does these SSD series 520 require special setup in the Linux OS and what it is?

Thanks a lot for your help.

joejac
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello,

The Linux community recommended to update to kernel-3.2.18-pclos1.pae.bfs this solved the problem, the old kernel did not have a driver for the new Network card. Internet connection is working fine, I only had one crash today so I will monitor more close, this new kernel is still in test for the Linux Distribution that I use.

Regards

joejac

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello,

The Linux community recommended to update to kernel-3.2.18-pclos1.pae.bfs this solved the problem, the old kernel did not have a driver for the new Network card. Internet connection is working fine, I only had one crash today so I will monitor more close, this new kernel is still in test for the Linux Distribution that I use.

Regards

joejac