cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Help "to install the product at least one intel ssd device should be in your system"

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I have a laptop Lenovo Y580 and I thought everything would be easy to setup and clone but I guess not.

Error Help "to install the product at least one intel ssd device should be in your system"

I have a usb to sata cable and plugged it and got the green light in the system tray. Ran the utility and it gave me this error:

"Error Help "to install the product at least one intel ssd device should be in your system"

Aweee man... what did I do? I was hoping for a smooth no surprises install.

I want to clone it, then stick ti and boot up and be done with it.

Any help guys?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

idata
Esteemed Contributor III
  • Click on the Start button and then choose Control Panel.
  • Click on the System and Securitylink.

Note: If you're viewing the Large icons or Small icons view of Control Panel, you won't see this link so just click on the Administrative Tools icon and skip to Step 4.

• In the System and Security window, click on the Administrative Tools heading located near the bottom of the window.
  • In the Administrative Tools window, double-click on the Computer Management icon.
  • When Computer Management opens, click on Disk Management on the left side of the window, located under Storage.

After a brief loading period, Disk Management should now appear on the right side of the Computer Management window.

You can now partition a hard drive, format a hard drive, change a drive's letter, or do whatever else you need to do in Windows 7's Disk Management tool.

Before you use the migration software you probably need to make sure that the disk drive is enabled and assigned a drive letter.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/330140 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/330140

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

idata
Esteemed Contributor III
  • Click on the Start button and then choose Control Panel.
  • Click on the System and Securitylink.

Note: If you're viewing the Large icons or Small icons view of Control Panel, you won't see this link so just click on the Administrative Tools icon and skip to Step 4.

• In the System and Security window, click on the Administrative Tools heading located near the bottom of the window.
  • In the Administrative Tools window, double-click on the Computer Management icon.
  • When Computer Management opens, click on Disk Management on the left side of the window, located under Storage.

After a brief loading period, Disk Management should now appear on the right side of the Computer Management window.

You can now partition a hard drive, format a hard drive, change a drive's letter, or do whatever else you need to do in Windows 7's Disk Management tool.

Before you use the migration software you probably need to make sure that the disk drive is enabled and assigned a drive letter.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/330140 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/330140

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

You're seeing that error trying to use the free Acronis/Intel data migration software, correct? You have your Intel SSD connected to the USB to SATA cable/adapter, and then to a USB port on your laptop, correct?

If so, the problem is the SATA to USB adapter cable.

The data migration software is designed to work with Intel SSDs, at least one as you have seen, so that it cannot be used by non-Intel drive users. That SATA to USB cable is not allowing the software to identify your SSD as an Intel product, due to a loss of protocol, data, etc., in the adapter. This is a common problem with adapters like this.

Does your laptop have two SATA drive connections, or an eSATA port? Either of those would work with this software. I don't know if other SATA to USB adapters will work with this software, what kind do you have? There may be other USB to SATA adapters that will allow this software to see your SSD as an Intel drive, hopefully someone is this forum can advise you on that. I've never used one with this software, but I have one that I will test.

You do not need to format and partition the target drive before using this software, it will prompt you to create the type of file system to create, partition size, and other options. It actually is more flexible than the Windows Disk Management feature, since it can create Linux compatible file systems.

EDIT: I forgot to mention your problem might be caused by a power issue. How is power supplied to your adapter? The power available from a single USB 2.0 port will not be enough for a SSD. If your adapter has an input for additional power, you need to use that.

Message was edited by: Robert Cook

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Thanks allot to he both of you guy!!! Much appreciated!