cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I need a Firmware Upgrade/ why is Intel SSD Opt in red

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

In drive information (Intel toolbox 2.0) on my Intel SSD x25-M 80g silver case, It says I have Firmware version 2CV102HD. Thge firware updater tool tips (before you downlaod) says it upgrades firmware to 02HD whihc matches the last 4 of my FW version. Do I have the Most up to Date Version?

If I ahve the most up to date version, Why in the SSD Toolbox 2.0 "Does it say tool is not supported on selected drive" on the SSD optimizer.

Running Windows 7 62 bit with the 1 80g SSD and a 120WD (not raided to my knowledge). Games Virus and OS are on SSD, the WD120 is used for ITunes storage, my music,downlaods docs, etc....

(I ran the ISO firmware boot disk, hit yes to read and agree, and when searching for a ssd drive it said "not found".

I read somewhere that Windows 7 automatically performs trim? is that true? do I need to worry about it?

7 REPLIES 7

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Go in the motherboard's bios and make sure that the sata ports are set to ahci.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Yes the ports are Set to AHCI, however. SATA1 is in the Western Digital Sata 2 says it's empty, and Sata 3 says it the Cd. It doesn't list the SSD. But if I go to the boot priority Screen the SSD is there with first boot priority *the WD isn't because it doesn't ahve an os. Anything I can do?

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Can you tell me what motherboard you are using?

As for trim, win7 does take care of that automatically, as long as the sata ports are set in AHCI mode.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

what is the model of you ssd? is it generation 1 or 2?