cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repeatable RAID1 Mirror Corruption on 2008 R2 Server with Intel RSTe Controller with Intel SSD Drives

SDone
New Contributor

We are experiencing random, occasional but catastrophic array corruption on two servers that are on test before being moved to a hosting centre.

SERVER CONFIGURATION

SuperMicro SuperServer 6017R-TDLRF 1U Server

Incorporating SuperMicro X9DRD-LF Motherboard with Intel C602 Chipset with latest BIOS.

64GB ECC RAM

1x Xeon E5-2630v2 CPU

2x Intel DC S3700 800GB SSD Drives in RAID 1 (Mirror) on RSTe Hardware RAID.

Windows Server Enterprise 2008 R2, fully updated.

CORRUPTION PROBLEM

Under heavy load, after a random period of time, often when doing a Windows backup, the array corrupts and the following event log messages are generated. There are varying quantities of each message...

Event ID: 55

Description:

The file system structure on the disk is corrupt and unusable. Please run the chkdsk utility on the volume VMs.

Event ID: 12289

Description:

Volume Shadow Copy Service error: Unexpected error CreateFileW(\\?\GLOBALROOT\Device\HarddiskVolumeShadowCopy25\,0x80000000,0x00000003,...). hr = 0x800703ed, The volume does not contain a recognized file system.

Please make sure that all required file system drivers are loaded and that the volume is not corrupted.

Event ID: 136

The default transaction resource manager on volume E: encountered an error while starting and its metadata was reset. The data contains the error code.

A chkdsk on a corrupted volume shows hundreds of lines of errors. I can post these two, but I do not think the exact errors are relevant, as they vary each time. They include:

The object id index entry in file 0x19 points to file 0x174c

but the file has no object id in it.

<span style="co...

5 REPLIES 5

Thanks for the information. I am going to research about this and I will be back with more updates.

Kevin M