cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

P44 pro 2TB not work in PCIE2 x4 m.2

sgchen
New Contributor

Just purchased P44 pro 2TB and tried it in my ASrock Taichi x370's second m.2 slot. Bios is not detecting the drive at all. Tried it with and external nvme to usb enclosure and it works, so the ssd seems to be fine. Tried a different nvme stick with the second m.2 slot and that detected, but it will not detect the P44 pro 2TB. Bios is already updated to latest version to support Zen 3 CPUs. Only thing I can think of is that the second m.2 slot is PCIE gen2 x4. Anyone else having trouble with Solidigm drive in a m.2 pcie gen2 x4 slot?

3 REPLIES 3

SolidigmNebiyu

Hi sgchen,

Thank you for reaching out to Solidigm. We are sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with your drive.

Were you able to test your drive on a different system? If you continue to experience issues with your drive, please use the following link to create a case. https://support.solidigm.com/en-US/anonymous-createcase/

Kind regards.  
Nebiyu
Solidigm Customer Support 

SolidigmNebiyu_0-1686237548281.png

The drive is functional in an external enclosure or when plugged into the PCIE gen3 x4 m.2 slot. It just doesn't not work with the PCIE gen2 x4 m.2 slot while my other branded PCIE gen4 NVME drives don't have a problem with it. Just wanted to know if this particular model is not compatible with PCIE gen2 x4.

SolidigmNebiyu

Hi sgchen,

We are currently analyzing if that is the issue. Meanwhile, could you please try plugging just the P44 drive only into your port, as some ports are shared and may only accept one Gen 4 drive at a time?

Kind regards.  
Nebiyu
Solidigm Customer Support 

SolidigmNebiyu_0-1686327104176.png