cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel SSD DC P4600 3.2TB, U.2 (SSDPE2KE032T701) with only 2 connected Lanes (0 and 1)

AFinn
New Contributor

Hey all,

I'd like to connect a 4 Lane U.2 drive like the SSDPE2KE032T701, on a U.2 drive bay with only two Lanes connected, is this possible? Will the drive still work with full write speed or say a bit less like interface speed of 2 PCIe3 Lanes?

Thanks for any replies

3 REPLIES 3

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi Schramme,

We understand that you would like to connect the Intel® SSD DC P4600 Series in a PCIe interface with 2 lanes. We would like to inform you that the SSD's interface is PCIe 3.1 by 4 lanes. However, you can use the PCIe 3.0 by 4 lanes but performance could be affected.If you use an interface with 2 lanes, the SSD's speed is going to run half speed due to the lanes limitation. If you have further questions then feel free to contact us again. Regards, Junior M.

AFinn
New Contributor

Hi Junior M.,

thanks for your reply. I understand when using only two PCIe 3.1 Lanes on a P4600, the IO speed will run at half, even if the bandwidth of two PCIe 3.1 Lanes are higher than half IO speed. I this statement correct?

Capacity won't be affected I guess, right?

Thanks again

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi Schramme,

Thanks for the reply. In order to answer your question. If you use the PCIe 3.1 by 2 lanes the speed will run at the half but the SSD's capacity won't be affected. If you have further questions then feel free to contact us again. Regards,Junior M.