cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel SSD 670P: Percentage Used = 103

joe101133
New Contributor

I bought a brand new ASUS TUF F15 laptop in Jan 2022 (~17 months old). It came with a 512GB Intel SSD 670P. A few days ago I got a S.M.A.R.T test warning: "Warning: reliability is degraded - Back up your data in case of drive failure". I downloaded the Solidigm Storage Tool, and found that the problem was "ID 104: Percentage Used = 101". From a page on solidigm.com, it says that the Solidigm 670p (assuming that it is the same as the Intel 670p) has a TBW rating of 185TB. That means the drive has been writing ~350GB on a daily basis since purchase. Is that correct? Apart from the warning, I have had no notable performance issues, my laptop has been behaving normally and it passed the full diagnostic scan on Solidigm Storage Tool. Is my SSD already at the end of its lifetime after 17 months? Or is there something wrong with the reading? Note that Windows 11 is installed on this drive. Also, since I got my first warning three days ago, the percentage used as gone up from 101 to 103, which seems like a huge increase for three days. Additionally, the only process that seems to utilising drive consistently at a high rate is "XtuService" which seems to be  Intel Extreme Tuning Utility (which might have come with the laptop, it's not something I installed). Please let me know if you require any additional info.

3 REPLIES 3

SolidigmNebiyu

Hi joe101133,

Thank you for reaching out to Solidigm.

If you purchased the drive as part of your laptop, chances are your drive is an OEM drive and you would need to reach out to the laptop manufacturer because it may need a specific OEM firmware.

If you purchased it separately and put it in the laptop, feel free to contact us directly via  https://support.solidigm.com/en-US/anonymous-createcase/  as we would need further information about your drive.

Please reach out to us if you have any other questions or concerns.

Kind regards.  
Nebiyu
Solidigm Customer Support 

SolidigmNebiyu_0-1685454917764.png

joe101133
New Contributor

Hi Nebiyu. The drive came as part of the laptop, so I'll reach out to Asus. Thanks for your response

SolidigmNebiyu

Hi joel91133,

Thank you for the update. Please reach out to us if you have any other questions or concerns.

Kind regards. 

Nebiyu
Solidigm Customer Support 

SolidigmNebiyu_0-1685456149398.png