cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel SSD 670p driver

AlexLuchian
New Contributor

Hello all,

I just bought a laptop with a 670p ssd (INTEL SSDPEKNU512GZ). When I want to install windows I cannot see any partitions.
I downloaded some client drivers, but didn't work for 670p - cannot see it in specifications.

Anyone with this issue and where I can find the correct drivers for this product, please?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

LeonWaksman
Contributor II

Hi @AlexLuchian 

While you installing Windows 10 on Intel NVMe drive no additional driver is required. Instead of using the installation media you bought, prepare new installation USB using Microsoft Media Creation Tool.  

Follow Clean Install Windows 10 | Tutorials (tenforums.com) tutorial.

Leon

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

LeonWaksman
Contributor II

Hi @AlexLuchian 

While you installing Windows 10 on Intel NVMe drive no additional driver is required. Instead of using the installation media you bought, prepare new installation USB using Microsoft Media Creation Tool.  

Follow Clean Install Windows 10 | Tutorials (tenforums.com) tutorial.

Leon

Hi @LeonWaksman 

I tried with Microsoft Media Creation Tool, also. But it's same, no partition available to install windows (see the photo).

Had same issue with previous laptop, with a 660p version. Managed to find the driver https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/19755/intel-rapid-storage-technology-driver-install...

but, for the 670p series not working...

Thank you

Hi @AlexLuchian 

1. Is this SSD recognized (visible) in BIOS?

2. Are you aware that only UEFI BIOS is supported? Please read  System Requirements for OS Installation on a PCIe* NVMe* SSD

and NVMe Drive Installation Guide.

Leon

Hi All,

I have exactly same issue with SSDPEKNU512GZ.

I followed instructions from intel site. Downloaded latest driver for 670p Client PCIe.

It was copied to usb drive.

When I tried to load driver it is available and i can chose it. It looks like the driver installed but I alwas got an error message.

It could not find any drives even I use win 8.1/win10 or win 11 install usb media. 

The hardver looks supported by hardver because I tried winPE sytem and it can handle it.

670p Driver looks incorrect or something missing from instruction.

Could you please help me if you was able to load driver?

Thanks,

Peter