cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel DC P3600 reports 0 namespaces and health status *ASSERT_FFFF0194 SL

KElse
New Contributor

As the title says, my Intel DC P3600 reports 0 valid namespaces, and health status *ASSERT_FFFF0194 SL.

Registers are readable/writable, and identify controller succeeds (from which num ns and health status is read).

All other commands fails with Generic Error: Internal Device Error (SCT: 0, SC: 6).

As per the specification, an async event is posted on internal errors, and is fetched with an async event request. The async event request also fails with internal device error.

Is there any way of fixing this?

12 REPLIES 12

ASouz7
Valued Contributor

Karr2000

In order for us to assist you, we need you to provide some important pieces of information as well as detailed information on your issue.

• What OS are you using?
  • Are you using the Intel(R) NVMe driver?
  • Can you dump the SMART values?
  • What test and/or activity was being run on the drive?

Using Intel Data Center Tool you can collect of number of dumps that can help us diagnose. Please save each dump to separate files.

isdct dump -destination /root/Desktop/ErrorLog.txt -intelssd X DataType=NVMelog LogID=1

This log shows the wearout indicator (100 = new, 1 = replace)

isdct dump -destination /root/Desktop/HealthLog.txt -intelssd X DataType=NVMelog LogID=2

isdct dump -destination /root/Desktop/FWrev.txt -intelssd X DataType=NVMelog LogID=3

isdct dump -destination /root/Desktop/SMARTdump.txt -intelssd X DataType=NVMelog LogID=202

Shows max temp. for warranty

isdct dump -destination /root/Desktop/TempSensor.txt -intelssd X DataType=NVMelog LogID=197

Drive Health

isdct dump -destination /root/Desktop/ID.txt -intelssd X DataType=Identify

AZhu7
New Contributor

Hi aleki_intel,

I faced the same problem, as following:

- IntelSSD CVMD5172007E2P0EGN -

DeviceStatus: *ASSERT_FFFF0194 0G

Firmware: 8DV10171

FirmwareUpdateAvailable: Please contact Intel Customer Support for further assistance at the following website: http://www.intel.com/go/ssdsupport http://www.intel.com/go/ssdsupport.

ModelNumber: INTEL SSDPEDME020T4

ProductFamily: Intel SSD DC P3600 Series

Do you know how to fix it?

ASouz7
Valued Contributor

Aruanna.Zhu,

For this specific error: ASSERT_FFFF0194 0G we recommend to contact your nearest Intel Contact Center for live assistance from one of our technicians. Click on this link and choose the best way to contact us. http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/contact-support.html Contact Support

DYocu
New Contributor

Aleki,

I've got the same problem here, too. I've got 2 p3600 NVMe drives and one is in 'disable logical state' and DeviceStatus: *ASSERT_40351A10 9P. These are brand new drives that I purchased in R730xd servers from Dell a month ago.

Here are the particulars:

RHEL 7.1

# modinfo nvme

filename: /lib/modules/3.10.0-229.el7.x86_64/kernel/drivers/block/nvme.ko

version: 0.9

license: GPL

author: Matthew Wilcox <</span>mailto:willy@linux.intel.com willy@linux.intel.com>

rhelversion: 7.1

srcversion: D814A101C22ECEF7206A165

alias: pci:v*d*sv*sd*bc01sc08i02*

depends:

intree: Y

vermagic: 3.10.0-229.el7.x86_64 SMP mod_unload modversions

signer: Red Hat Enterprise Linux kernel signing key

sig_key: A3:CB:8C:C3:19:50:4A:B5:2C:FB:76:BA:F8:D8:A2:A7:39:68:9C:56

sig_hashalgo: sha256

parm: admin_timeout:timeout in seconds for admin commands (byte)

parm: io_timeout:timeout in seconds for I/O (byte)

parm: retry_time:time in seconds to retry failed I/O (byte)

parm: nvme_major:int

parm: use_threaded_interrupts:int

Attempting to run all the isdct dump commands you list above result in the same error message:

"Error: Selected drive is in a disable logical state."

How do I enable the drive??

Thanks,

Dan

mailto:dyocum@redhat.com dyocum@redhat.com

jbenavides
Valued Contributor II

Hello Dan,

When the drive is in a disable logical state, it means that the drive detected a critical error and is locked. This is why it is not responding to ISDCT commands.

In this case, we advise you to contact our support center, please go to the http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/contactsupport Contact Support website, here you will find the contact methods available to engage a support engineer in your region.