cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel application to check X25-M G1 SSD usage, health etc.

DAndr17
New Contributor

Hi All,

The SSDLife screenshot attached contains some usage and health info for my X25-M G1 SSD although the work time looks way off.

Wondering if there's a similar tool from Intel that'd provide correct and complete stats for such drives? Intel SSD Toolbox seems to tell even less.

Thanks in advance,

Dmitriy

13 REPLIES 13

Jose_H_Intel1
Valued Contributor II

The status of Device Initiated Power Management (DIPM) feature will affect the number of hours reported by the Power-On Hours Count attribute:

• If DIPM is turned on, the recorded value for power-on hours does not include the time that the device is in a "slumber" state.
  • If DIPM is turned off, the recorded value for power-on hours should match the clock time, as all three device states are counted: active, idle and slumber."

DIPM is part of the AHCI Link Power Management feature, which is usually enabled and hidden from the advanced power plan options in Windows*.

Hi joe_intel,

Once I made this setting visible by means of a registry change I can see it set to HIPM, so looks like DIPM is off.

Any other possible reasons why I'm getting so low usage time? I'd expect the right figure by now to be a few hundred hours or at least several dozen hours - definitely nowhere near 18.

Is it a well known issue by chance?

Jose_H_Intel1
Valued Contributor II

So, you set it to Active?

Perhaps the SATA controller does not support this feature or the driver is missing.

Do you know the chipset model?

It's a ThinkPad X60s, hence Intel 945GM Express chipset with ICH7-M (SATA I).

Here's a screenshot with driver details. The driver was installed automatically during Windows 8.1 Enterprise installation.

Jose_H_Intel1
Valued Contributor II

Please allow me more time to check about this.