cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel 600p1tb extremely slow writes after firmware update PSF121C

JStid
New Contributor

After updating to the latest firmware my write speeds are that of a normal HD.

70 REPLIES 70

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello ltGuillaume,

Please keep in mind there are a lot of factors required for proper benchmarking.If you run a benchmark test on your boot drive, from your boot drive, the test will not be able to return accurate results. This is due to the bandwidth being taken up by your OS and applications running in the background, as well as possibly the Benchmark tool itself. Benchmarks also return slower results on the same drive if it's measured after being filled up with data.Our recommendation, aside from a validated benchmarking tool, is to benchmark an SSD after it has been recently formatted and is being connected as a storage drive. Otherwise, a false performance drop is to be expected.If we're unable to reproduce the issue, it does not mean that we stop acknowledging it's possibility. But we also need to confirm a lot of other things in order to help pinpoint the cause. Using a validated tool to reproduce the issue can help discard variables.Even if you don't want to follow our http://download.intel.com/support/ssdc/hpssd/ssd-750/sb/intel_ssd_750_series_evaluation_guide_332075... evaluation guide and use IOMeter (which is unfortunate, but understandable), the guide does contain a lot of useful information in regards to system configuration, SSD Pre-Conditioning, and benchmarking in general.Best regards,Carlos A.

JWonz
New Contributor

Same pc,same boot dirve,same data size,same Benchmark version,just update from 109c to 121c, the write results became terrible.How you explain that?

GNo
New Contributor

Exactly. If you're saying that it's to be expected that the performance plummets like that after some use, then that would render the performance claims (and the product altogether, for that matter) utterly useless.

I'd like to stress that there were no programs / background processes active during testing, as many Windows services, such as Search/Indexing, were disabled and no disk activity was seen before/after the benchmark.

If there would be a way to downgrade the firmware by force (or, for example, by you delivering a 109c firmware with a mock version number that's higher than 121), I'd be happy to do another test.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello everybody,

We are engaging our engineering team to this situation and we will be updating this thread as soon as we have more details about this issue.Regards,Nestor C

jvane4
New Contributor

Hello,

i have the exact same problem as Exposed, the results are very similar to my speeds. The speeds were measured in the AS SSD benchmark tool.

I have the 600p 512gb version, windows 10 professional and its used as a boot and storage drive.

Also after the new firmware, PSF121C.