cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel 600p1tb extremely slow writes after firmware update PSF121C

JStid
New Contributor

After updating to the latest firmware my write speeds are that of a normal HD.

70 REPLIES 70

SDong6
New Contributor

My question is why DC3700NVMe can get its own INTEL brand driver but 600P can't? And SAMSUNG also provided their own NVMe driver to resolve FUA performance issue for PM961 already.

GNo
New Contributor

Yesterday, the author of AS SSD Benchmark released a new version. Below is the change log:

* NVMe SSD support

* 4K LBA Sector support

* Needs .NET Framework 4.6

* Improved accuracy with fast SSDs

1) One question remains, though: when does Windows use the FUA command? We know that the Windows 8 native driver did consistently use it, which dropped performance just like AS SSD Benchmark v1. I have found no information, though, about the native NVMe driver in Windows 10.

Old version 1.9.5986.35211

New version:

2) I ran AS SSD Benchmark v2, and afterwards http://www.thessdreview.com/forums/threads/forcetrim-an-excellent-little-proggie-that-works.2647/ ForceTrim: AN EXCELLENT LITTLE PROGGIE THAT WORKS! | The SSD Review and Technology X Forums just for the heck of it. I didn't expect any changes, because normally autotrimming works quite well, but I came up with some inexplicable results:

How is that even possible?

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello ItGuillaume,

About your question of when does Windows* use the FUA command? - We cannot comment about how their driver actually works.This seems more like a question for them.Thanks so much for sharing this new results with this updated version. It would be interesting to see results from other users as well.Regards,Nestor C

GNo
New Contributor

So you chose to not provide a driver for this drive, then - after some months, when all the testing is over - significantly degraded performance whenever the FUA command is used (on a consumer device, where FUA is hardly important), without having a clue how the Windows native driver works and thus having no idea how this impacts performance on a daily basis?

ACher10
New Contributor II

Until all of this, I was a strong intel supporter and have used intel product lines for the last 10+ years. Now, after seeing this fiasco with 600p, Im very sad to say it but Intel really has failed us all. I switched to Plextor SSD and couldn't even be happier.

P.S: Yes, there is a trick of disabling cach buffer flushing to "TRICK" bench mark tools to show results but that is all it is, a trick. I personally had few 600P SSDs that I updated to latest firmware and even though bench mark speeds got much better, performance got worse. For example, I have a 10GB rar archive that extracts to a 12GB folder with 85000 files. The 600p would start off doing it all quick but after 10 seconds, the system came to a crawl. Cant open Chrome, cant open a single app. Felt like I'm back to 1999. That is when I called it quits and replaced the drive with Plextor 512M8P. And guess what, no issues what so ever. It handled that archive with no issues at all, and bench mark scores are amazing. Im glad to say that at this point im Intel free (aside form 7700k since its a decent chip).