cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel 600p1tb extremely slow writes after firmware update PSF121C

JStid
New Contributor

After updating to the latest firmware my write speeds are that of a normal HD.

70 REPLIES 70

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello everybody,

Our engineering team is actually working on reproducing and analyzing any possible root cause. We will be keeping you all posted on any update, as soon as we have them. Regards,Nestor C

ACher10
New Contributor II

How many engineers does it take to rename the old firmware to be higher version then the current and sign it while you fix your issues. I bet not many.

ABung
New Contributor

Here is my log

ACher10
New Contributor II

Found a solution! Post the SSD for sale and get rid of it. Get equally priced Plextor M8Pe(G) that is not suffering from any of these firmware issues. 1.0GB/s Write and 2.1GB/s Read on the same system without disabling cache flush. Intel really needs to learn how to take care of their customers. If you release a defective firmware, how about give us an option to roll back until you fix your bugs.

TMarc6
New Contributor

I have same problem. brand new Intel 600p 1TB and after firmware upgrade it's worst than old seagate spin drive. I have also reported to Intel support, but they always asking same stupid log by some IOmeter, doesn't matter that i sent it them and they read from it that my average speed was 96MB/s, they asked again.

but the statement is clear - it's firmware issue dear Intel, fix it ASAP.