cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel 540s periodic refresh blocks broken?

andrey_v1
New Contributor

ssd have old partitions and old files around 4-5 years old on them. These partitions have enough free space (spare blocks, never touched). I tried ddrescue on these partitions&files, the reading's speed was very slow compared to another fresh partitions, 33mb/sec average with often drops to 0. Some files had badblocks around some tens.

Smart values:

E9 - 100%

F9 - 3.5Tb on 1tb ssd

Spare blocks - 100-300Gb were never used.

My questions:

1) Why didn't the firmware refresh degraded blocks on such huge period?

2) What does mean huge smart BB counter with thousands value after reading old partition? I have badblocks, but not so much. Are the data still consistent with exception known badblocks?

3) Why didn't the firmware refresh degraded blocks after 5+times readings in row?

4) Is it warranty case?

13 REPLIES 13

JosafathB_Intel
Valued Contributor

Hello, andrey_v1.

Greetings from; Intel® Memory and Storage support.

We were reviewing your community thread, which is related to Intel® SSD 540s Series. We would like to know if you were able to check the previous communication.

We will follow up with you again on Friday, the 29th of July 2021, if we do not receive an answer from you. Please, let us know if you would like to schedule a different date for the follow-up.

Best regards.

Josh B.

Intel® Customer Support Technician.

JosafathB_Intel
Valued Contributor

Hello, andrey_v1.

Greetings from; Intel® Memory and Storage support.

We were reviewing your community thread, which is related to Intel® SSD 540s Series. 

Since we have not heard from you in a while, we are going to close this community thread. 

If you need further assistance related to an Intel® product, please do not hesitate to contact us back by opening a new thread.

Best regards,

Jos B.

Intel® Customer Support Technician.

I've provided all information.

andrey_v1
New Contributor

I've provided all information ^