cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel 240GB SSD not recognized in Loop L5 w/ DH61AG

MMatt15
New Contributor

Recently upgraded several customer's Loop L5 AIO from an Intel 60GB SSD to a 240GB (SSDSC2BW240A401). Systems were running fine before the upgrade. After the upgrade the systems booted to the new drives fine (imaged from the 60GB SSD, Windows 7 x64). However; if the users shutdowns the PC or the PC restarts (Windows Updates) the SSD is not recognized and they get the error message "No Bootable Device Found". If you unplug power from the MB, wait 10-15 seconds and reconnect power, it will boot fine. One of my co-workers also said if you bring up the Boot Menu, it will then see the SSD and allow you to choose it and boot up fine.

The DH61AG had BIOS version 40, I upgrade it to 99 then to 109, per instructions, but it did not help the problem.

I have seen several other post w/ similar issues, it is like there is a lag in the SSD "spinning up" if you will, that the PCs don't see them as an available boot device.

8 REPLIES 8

ASouz7
Valued Contributor

Hello Ruppro,

Please answer the following questions in order for us to get more details on the issue. We are going to recreate the issue.

1 - What is the model number of the 60GB SSD you used?

2 - In how many AIO's are you seeing this problem?

3 - What is the FW version on the SSD causing the problem?

You could try increasing the HDD delay in the BIOS (this might be called HDD Pre-delay).

Sorry for not getting back sooner,

1. The 60GB SSD is a 330 series (not sure the exact model #

2. There are 2 that I am currently working with and another Tech has a customer w/ 3-6 units.

3: I downloaded the latest Toolbox from Intel, v3.2.3

Will look at trying a delay, I am trying to get a system I can use for testing, the affected units are w/ the customers, they just know the workaround if their system reboots and they get the error.

ASouz7
Valued Contributor

Ruppro,

Thank you for the update, we are more than glad to help you here as well. Let us know your test results to see if more assistance is needed.. Here is also another way to contact us if you want to speak with our technical support. http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/contactsupport Contact Support

ASouz7
Valued Contributor

Hello Ruppro,

We are going to escalate your case. Please check your private messages.