cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

600p incorrect function

JBuch5
New Contributor

Hi,

I installed a 256 GB 600p ssd in a MSI GL72 6QD laptop with W10. When I try and initialize the disk using Disk Management, I get and "Incorrect function." response from the Virtual Disk Manager. See attached png. I can see the drive in the bios and I can see the drive properties (attached png). How do I get the drive to initialize and format?

Thank you,

Jack

34 REPLIES 34

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi Ivan_Kh,

Please check your private messages, let us know if you need further assistance.Regards,Nestor C

DSmit43
New Contributor

I'm in the same boat as Ivan. A friend and I tried for quite some time to get the OS installed on 256gb SSD installed in the M.2. It seems that the drive cannot be initialized (error reads: the request could not be performed due to an I/O device error) Currently have OS installed on HDD with the idea to use migration software once the SSD is booted up and running. To reiterate, BIOS recognizes SSD is present but could not be selected as boot drive. Device manager and Disk manager both identify SSD but it seems that no the drive is unformatted and cannot be utilized.

My hardware:

Gigabyte GA-Z170x-UD3 Motherboard

I5 6600k

Intel 600p 256 M.2 SSD

etc.

Thanks ahead of time for any and all help

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi Smithd611,

Please check your private messages.Let us know if you require further assistance or help.Regards,Nestor C

JKlec
New Contributor

I Got response from MSI that it is not compatible and NTB would need hardware update. I Want to return Intel SSD as it is useless to me.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi Cliche,

We understand your situation and we would like to let you know that you can always check with the place of purchase first and if they can't assist you, please contact our support department.https://supporttickets.intel.com/supportrequest?lang=en-US Here is the link for e-mail support and http://intelsupportchat.force.com/icslivechat/ics_tech_ssd_ww_english_Chat here is the link for chat support.Regards,Nestor C