cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

600p incorrect function

JBuch5
New Contributor

Hi,

I installed a 256 GB 600p ssd in a MSI GL72 6QD laptop with W10. When I try and initialize the disk using Disk Management, I get and "Incorrect function." response from the Virtual Disk Manager. See attached png. I can see the drive in the bios and I can see the drive properties (attached png). How do I get the drive to initialize and format?

Thank you,

Jack

34 REPLIES 34

JKlec
New Contributor

Is there any progress on this issue? I still can not use SSD in the notebook.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello Cliche,

We will be sending you a private message, please let us know if you received it.Regards,Nestor C

JŠtěp
New Contributor

Hello Intel.

I have the same problem with my MSI GL62 6QD and SSD 600p Series 120GB. How it is look with the progress? if i may ask,

With regards

Rumcajz

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi Rumcajz,

Thanks for your post.Please check your private message and let us know the outcome.Regards,Nestor C

IKhro
New Contributor

Good morning,

I have the same issue with Intel 600p and MSI GL62 6QD.

The good thing is that the drive is recognized in BIOS, in Disk Manager, in Device Manager,

but it is not visible in Explorer and can not be used. An attempt to initialize the disk leads to "Incorrect function" error.

An attempt to install Windows to the device fails. WIndows installer sees disk, but it is not possible to initialize or format it to proceed with installation.

Intel Toolbox doesn't sees it, but can do nothigh with it. Intel command prompt utility (forgot the name) doesn't see it

I've installed latest Rapid Storage, but it doesn't help

The windows on the notebook is installed in the legacy mode.

The drive remains useless.

I'll hightly appreciate any help, advice and support

Thank you