Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

关于两个SSD之间P2P传输问题

maybe0524
New Contributor

不好意思用中文描述,但是我觉得中文描述会清晰些吧。

我想买两个SSD做P2P实验,但是我遇到了问题如下:

1)SSD选型。

我得知P4600(PCIE接口,NVME协议)在其他论坛有用来做P2P实验,但是我很疑惑,从Intel官网里边所有的SSD产品特性,都没提及产品特性有支持CMB的功能(P2P需要SSD支持CMB)。P4500(U.2接口)这个是支持NVME协议,但是它并不支持CMB(通过指令nvme show-regs来查看),那P4600支持吗,或者有什么其他产品支持CMB功能吗?

另外一个帖子做的P2P实验:https://community.intel.com/t5/Processors/Performance-of-P2P-DMA-PCIe-packets-routed-by-CPU/m-p/5200...

2)Kernel版本

我查看Kernel的提交记录,看见4.20版本才会支持CONFIG_PCI_P2PDMA,我的理解是4.20以上的版本,Root complexes才会支持P2P?

3)cmb_copy与CONFIG_PCI_P2PDMA之间的关系

cmb_copy的作用里边,描述了它很多地方做了驱动事情,Kernel的CONFIG_PCI_P2PDMA不就是驱动为了支持P2P吗,那这两者之间是不是有啥关系呢?

4)这个产品国内还有的吧?

4 REPLIES 4

BrusC_Intel
Contributor III

Hello, @maybe0524.

Thank you for contacting the Intel Community Support.

Please keep in mind that support in the community is provided in English only and the use of a translator will be required.

We have been reviewing your questions regarding the Intel SSD P4600 and P2P tests, I will be glad to assist you.

For your first question, I can try to look for more information, please allow me to investigate and I will contact you back as soon as possible.

Regarding your second and third questions, the best option would be to contact the community forums of the utility and/or OS distribution being used in order to get more details as these questions are not SSD related/dependent.

About SSD availability, the best option is to contact a distributor close to your location in order to get accurate information regarding inventory availability and pricing, you can use the following link as reference:

- Intel® Authorized Distributors and Approved Suppliers: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/partner/where-to-buy/overview.html

Best regards,

Bruce C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

Hello, @maybe0524.

Thank you very much for waiting.

Regarding your first question, the SSD P4600 does not support CMB, the only drive we have with this feature is the Intel® Optane™ SSD DC D4800X Series with the difference that this is a dual-port drive. There are plans to support it in upcoming products, but currently keep in mind the D4800X is not a single port but a dual-port SSD.

For the rest of your questions, the answer is still the same, so no changes there.

If there is anything else, please let me know.

Best regards,

Bruce C.

Hello, @maybe0524.

I wanted to follow up on your community thread in case you had any other questions.

Please let me know if further assistance is required, if that is not the case, I will proceed to close the thread on October 29th.

Best regards,

Bruce C.

Hello, @maybe0524.

This message is to follow up on your community thread regarding CMB support and SSD availability.

I previously shared that only the Intel SSD DC D4800X provides this functionally, availability/stock/pricing information needs to be asked to a distributor and also that your other questions need to be directed to the OS/Tool developer.

The thread will be closed right now, please open a new one if you need further assistance as this thread will no longer be monitored; you may also contact us via one of the other support methods (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/contact-support.html).

If you require any type of assistance from Intel in the future, you can always contact us back.

Best regards,

Bruce C.

A contingent Worker at Intel