cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X25-V 40GB Firmware update MacBookPro 2.16GHz OS X

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

No matter what I try, the CDR is not recognized as having content on boot, I did check it. The furthest I get is a line of text asking me to insert a bootable CDR. Also if I put the CDR back into my machine, it is blank, no more data from the ISO. Note I am on the first generation 17" MacBookPro 2.16GHz. Anyone able to provide guidance?

3 REPLIES 3

MBall5
Contributor

Hello, I would like to suggest if you can use a –r and +r cd's and see if that help, also to try another software to "burn" the iso image.

For further assistance contact apple's technical support they might have another recommendation.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Well thanks for the continued failure of support for anything other than the 'mighty Windows' world.

I didn't bother checking back earlier as I had heard that support here was vague to non-existant.

Go ask Apple. Go ask Intel. Goto He$%^$$&^%

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Guest wrote:

Well thanks for the continued failure of support for anything other than the 'mighty Windows' world.

I didn't bother checking back earlier as I had heard that support here was vague to non-existant.

Go ask Apple. Go ask Intel. Goto He$%^$$&^%

Please do not blame companies for not entering or fully supporting Apple's curated ecosystem.

The bootable disk is OS independent as it is before the OS loads. Windows has absolutely nothing to do with firmware updates. The underlying hardware and protocols are exactly the same. Intel chipset, EFI, SATA, ATA, ect.... exactly the same.

The most likely cause is a bad burn or corrupted image. This is relatively common with burning .iso disks... try using a different burner application and use the lowest possible write speed.