cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why Intel makes pressure on KINGSTON to not deliver firmware update for TRIM for KINGSTON 40GB SSD ?

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Very scandalous to read today that Intel makes pressure on kingston to not deliver the firmware update for the KINGSTON 40GB SSD (identical product as INTEL X25V) !!!!

Don't forget, Mr INTEL , customer will not forget you !

You propose Intel controleur SSD product for KINGSTON and don't deliver support for your product !!!!

ONLY ONE WORD ! SCANDALOUS !

I hope you will read this post and consider that behind the KINGSTON 40GB SSD , there are customers who has bought a product ! We have bought a product with A support attached on it !!

Thanks for reading this post,

KR,

26 REPLIES 26

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello everybody,

I am a owner of a Kingston V Series SSD (40Go), which is pretty much an X25-V from Intel but around 40€ cheaper.

Like many of you i don't understand the non support of TRIM.

I read what the representative from Intel told us in this discussion, and i'm really glad he did spoke to us, for your interest i thank you.

BUT, we do blame Intel on preventing Kingston from releasing their firmware, why do we state that this is an Intel Issue ? From this interview of Louis Kaneshiro, senior technology manager chez Kingston during the recent CES, he spoke with french journalists, and here is what he said : "Kingston a en effet demandé à Intel de pouvoir supporter le TRIM sur son SSD, ce que le géant de Santa Clara a refusé", translated it means : "Kingston indeed asked Intel to support TRIM on his SSD, Santa Clara giant Intel refused it".

So what we do want to know is WHY Intel didn't accept this firmware do be distributed, if it's not only to sell their identical most expensive drive...

Thank you for reading me, I hope we will find a solution, from Kingston/Intel, or from a talented "Hacker" who could bypass Intel Drive verification..

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

OCZ first receives the updated firmware and its test versions before they are released to the others companies. They dont receive the updates at the same time, OCZ has partial time exclusive to this.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Still IndlinX is doing their job. Intel not.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Looks like someone has successfully come up with a way to flash the V2 to support TRIM. No doubt a solution will soon appear for the G1 drives as well. Google.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

What a shame we will have to hack firmware to get the functionality we were told would be available.

Still no statement from Intel as to whether or not they are preventing Kingston from releasing TRIM firmware. Someone must know something.