Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

the long waited INTEL RST V9.6.0.1014 is ready for download

idata
Esteemed Contributor III
74 REPLIES 74

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Maybe, AS SSD Bench is normally fairly consistent however. Either way I've never has a score below 420...at least not until I tried this driver

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I tested with the msahci driver, several times in a row to get an average before I installed the Intel driver. In AS SSD I got an average of 420.5.

With the Intel iaStor driver, I averaged 426. Although the Intel results fluctuated more than with the MS driver, they never dropped below the MS results.

After all this I ran the SSD Toolbox and reran AS SSD twice. No change whatsoever compared to the iaStor runs before running the optimizer.

So not much of an improvement but an improvement nonetheless, compared to the msahci driver. Not that we would notice 1,5% increase but that's a discussion for another time ....

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Just installed - reboot went fine, showing up as Intel under ACHI.

But how can I determine that TRIM is working heh?

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Trident911 wrote:

Just installed - reboot went fine, showing up as Intel under ACHI.

But how can I determine that TRIM is working heh?

What I plan on doing is run AS SSD every day and make a few screenshots. If Trim isn't working I should slowly see a decrease over the coming weeks. Running the Optimizer Tool should reset performance to the first screenshots.

On the other hand, if there is no decrease over the coming weeks and running the Optimzer Tool makes no difference I must asume Trim is working.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

just throwing mine into the comparison ring:

native 7 driver:

RST 9.6.0.1014:

not too worried about bench scores here, as long as it's about on par.

One disconcerting thing though, after the upgrade (whereby i reboot and disable kaspersky), I had run the above AS SSD bench and WEI thing, and once finished, turned Kaspersky back on and rebooted. On boot up, just as i was logging in, it went into /message/87248# 87248 slow-down mode again. It didn't do the drive initialise thing, just sort of locked up/system fell to a crawl. Thing is, this is a different machine, with the only similarities being that they are connected to the same network, both have a Pioneer DVR-215 DVD burner, and both run Kaspersky 2010 9.0.0.736.

Can't lay any blame yet without further troubleshooting, and now i'm playing a waiting game to see if it happens again.