cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

" Intel has a task team in place " Why don't they join us?

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

It's been a week since the problems began and basically no word from Intel. This is really a lame response to a major problem.

Why doesn't someone from the "task team", who are supposedly working on this issue, join this forum? Start a thread, let us know what's going on and, most importantly, seek some feedback. There are alot of smart folks on this forum, and maybe if you let us know whats going on and ask some questions, you might get some helpful answers.

Or, are you just too big and important that it would be too low for you to stoop?

35 REPLIES 35

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

We have been contacted by users with SSD issues after using the firmware upgrade tool (version 1.3) in a Windows 7* 64bit environment.

.. AND...

No related issues have been reported by users who have successfully upgraded to 02HA firmware via the firmware upgrade tool (version 1.3)."

This is not at all clear. I am glad they were able to reproduce the problem, but, according to the poll, on this forum, it is not limited to Win7 64bit (one 32 bit user and one Linux user reported dead drives).

This was posted late yesterday evening. Perhaps this forum thread motivated someone.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

The problems after the firmware update have absolutely nothing to do with the installed operating system, even several brand-new SSDs are affected, as you can read in the poll.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

retiredfields wrote:

We have been contacted by users with SSD issues after using the firmware upgrade tool (version 1.3) in a Windows 7* 64bit environment.

.. AND...

No related issues have been reported by users who have successfully upgraded to 02HA firmware via the firmware upgrade tool (version 1.3)."

This is not at all clear. I am glad they were able to reproduce the problem, but, according to the poll, on this forum, it is not limited to Win7 64bit (one 32 bit user and one Linux user reported dead drives).

This was posted late yesterday evening. Perhaps this forum thread motivated someone.

Actually Jim has changed the text a couple of times. I'm not sure it mentioned Win7 at all the first time, and suggested you just not update to the latest FW until they said it was cool. The first version I saw asked people to keep posting on the Poll thread. Not sure why he removed that comment.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

The thing is, with these drives, they just decide to brick themselves and you can't get the data.

You may have working ones today -but not tomorrow. This is why you need to be conerned now.

One word: Backup.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Well said. I have a server to build and a deadline to meet and I am waiting for the firmware release without even roughly knowing any date!