cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

" Intel has a task team in place " Why don't they join us?

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

It's been a week since the problems began and basically no word from Intel. This is really a lame response to a major problem.

Why doesn't someone from the "task team", who are supposedly working on this issue, join this forum? Start a thread, let us know what's going on and, most importantly, seek some feedback. There are alot of smart folks on this forum, and maybe if you let us know whats going on and ask some questions, you might get some helpful answers.

Or, are you just too big and important that it would be too low for you to stoop?

35 REPLIES 35

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hear hear! Seems our complaints in this thread helped a bit! But I dont understand the new statement:

"We have been contacted by users with SSD issues after using the firmware upgrade tool (version 1.3) in a Windows 7* 64bit environment.

.. AND...

No related issues have been reported by users who have successfully upgraded to 02HA firmware via the firmware upgrade tool (version 1.3)."

What are they saying here? The only way to upgrade your SSD firmware is via the "firmware upgrade tool" which runs via a boot cd. So the upgrade is never done in a "Windows 7* 64 bit environment" but in the environment that is on the boot cd. And then they say that "no related issues have been reported...". Do they mean that if your upgrade went ok, you are safe and the drive won't fail at a later stage? Or do they mean that you are safe if you don't use Windows 7 64bit?

PCoup1
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Yeah i didnt understand that statement either. Seems like a classic political statement which doesn't actually make a lot of sense.

Still didnt even inform people with bricked drives if they should hold onto them or RMA them...

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

@Stiggy: To me it sounds like the issue only occurs when Windows 7 x64 is already installed which certainly isn't the case reading through all the forum posts regarding the 1.4 firmware.

"No related issues have been reported by users who have successfully upgraded to 02HA firmware via the firmware upgrade tool (version 1.3)."

The above simple isn't true because many have stated successful flashes with Windows XP or Windows Vista already installed or having done fresh installs of Windows XP, Windows Vista or Windows 7 only to result in bricked drives. Obviously most systems being affected have been users with Windows 7 x64 already installed but it's certainly not the only scenario resulting in error.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Ah, well speculation isn't worth my time. Just gotta be patient... then again, I have a working drive. Sure, I'd like the new firmware and all of the benefits that come with it, but these are great SSDs and I could wait until Christmas for the fix. To all of you with bricked drives: get any data off of them that you can, and RMA with cross-ship if possible. Is $25 worth the time and effort you're willing to spend to fix your drive and/or wait for a fix?

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

And those with a working 02HA drive? Can we safely upgrade to Windows 7 (x64) or not? I've got a half-working PC and have been waiting ages, first for the Win7 DVD to arive, and now I have it for this fw debacle.