Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Accelerate" Button Problem for SSD drive under RST

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I have met the following requirements:

Updated my Asus P8Z68-V Pro to Bios 501

Using the latest 10.5.0.1027 the Bios RST is 10.5.0.1034

my operating system is Windows 7 32bit and is on the RAID 1 set of Hitachi drives 2 drives of 2 Terabyes each

My SSD is the OCZ 60 GB Agility 3

All drives are on the intel SATA Ports and the Bios is set to RAID

My HD are OEM Hitachi Deskstar 5K3000 are on the SATA 3g ports and the SSD on the 6g port

When I boot with these drives only there is no Accelerate Button

When I add my Samsung 250 gig drive the Accelerat Button appears.....

I know the SSD will write up to 475 MS/s and read up to 525 MB/s

Why can't I get the Accelerate button for my fast drives?

6 REPLIES 6

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

That's great, I hope it works well for you. I need to study it a bit, I don't understand where the OS resides in this type of configuration. I perform manual SSD caching myself now, important things on the SSD, others on HDD. I can appreciate this feature as a "set and forget" type of thing.

A Z68 RST driver ought to be available from the Download page for your mother board.

This is the RST driver for the only (as of 6/20/11) Intel Z68 desktop mother board, the DZ68DB, the only way I could find to get it for the Z68 chipset directly from Intel:

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=20023&ProdId=3334&lang=eng&OSVersion=... http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=20023&ProdId=3334&lang=eng&OSVersion=...

This may not be a generic Z68 RST driver, as the page mentions the need to use a certain BIOS/EFI version with it. If your driver works fine for you now, I'd say stick with it, or try this one at your own risk...

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Actually I installed the operating system on the RAID 1 HDD and use the full 60 GB of the SSD as Cache. The driver I used is a newer version of the link that you posted.