Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel(r) SSD Toolbox is ready to go!

Alan_F_Intel
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hey everyone,

Good news (just in time for the holidays)! We have released the new version of the http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=18455 Intel® SSD Toolbox (version 1.2) which fixes the issue with the Intel® SSD Optimizer.

rgds,

Alan

Intel NSG Marketing Division

74 REPLIES 74

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Thanks a lot GSzabo, this worked for my german version of XP (32Bit) as well. Great!

Is anyone of the Intel guys reading this? Please fix your tool and give it some decent alternative to find possible volume shadow copies. Parsing (localized!) strings is just ridiculously amateurish.

Cheers, bselu

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello everybody,

I am having the same problems with the SHADOW but...................

when I edit VSSADMIN the original version is placed back if I acces the toolbox.

First I gave it another date, but this dit not work. Changing the file itself didn't work.

In both situations the old (dutch) file is put back in place, so the toolbox does not work.

(I'm using XP pro - I did throw out the nividia drivers and are just running on the original windows driver)

drive works fine, but no possibilty to use the toolbox (exept a complete format)

Does anyone know a solution for this.

Thanks for any hint.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

CloudBuilder

try to search through settings of your antivirus and turn off something like "protect system files" or simply turn off any software which protects your system (e.g. antiviruses, security suites etc.) and then replace VSSADMIN file.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Isildur

Thanks for your reply. I scaned thewhole computer to see if the file was somewhere else. It was also in system32/dllcache. After patching I replaced both.

I switched off the virusscan. After patching the file, I now got a message from vista, that "an important file was etc... and I should place the disk". I clicked this away. Now the Toolbox started but I got again the red screen. The service itself is running on automatic. The patch is on byte 32192 of the file. In the article it is called No shadow copies and fill up with spaces. Should it be No or no ?

Is there anything else I can do ?

thank you again.

CloudBuilder

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Isildur,

Thanks again, it is working now. The N must be a capital. Changed both files and BINGO.

Thanks for the hint.

CloudBuilder