cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel 510 250GB Read Failure

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Odd, as my PC works apart from the occassional freeze for 30 seconds. However when I run V2.02 of the tool box I get 'Read Scan' Failed.

Can I fix this?

Cheers.

Andi.

6 REPLIES 6

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Looks like I found where the problem is. I put the SSD on another PC and had no issues using a USB-SATA adapter. I put the SSD back in it's original PC but on a different SATA port (SATA II) to the original SATA III port and all is accessible. I'll leave to run for a while and see if I get any freezes, otherwise it could be a new motherboard required with a better chip than a Marvell 9128.

Andi.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

And yet another victim of the Marvell 9128... or I should say it's driver software. The problems and complaints about that interface are endless, they are everywhere. That is on any and all mother boards that use it BTW.

One thing you can try is change it's driver to the standard Windows AHCI driver, msahci. It's very easy to do, you can change it back easily, and it does work much better according to many users. I've tried it myself, and it works fine. You'll loose RAID on that chip if you do, if that matters to you.