cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feelin' kinda dumb

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Ok, I'm trying to wipe my x-25 g1 ssds with HDDErase 3.3 and then install Windows 7. I download and unzip it and it shows up as an application instead of an iso. I can convert it to an iso and create a boot disk using IMG but when I boot, it just goes to Windows. I have boot from cd and legacy enabled on my classified mb. What the heck am I missing? All I want to do is wipe my drives and fresh install my new os. As I've mentioned in a previous post, I missed the boat with AHCI on my Vista install and I appreciate the on the fly registry fixup info but I thought, gee, I'll just HDDErase, do a fresh install with AHCI setup and be good to go. Any way to wipe these bad boys?

11 REPLIES 11

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Do you have a floppy disk drive?? Then it's even easier - just format the floppy disk as an "MS-DOS boot disk" under Windows, and copy the HDDerase files on it. Then boot with the floppy, type in "hdderase.exe" (eventually with its parameters) and there you go!

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

No, for the first time I guess I actually could use one...On Anand's site they mention that Intel offered gen1 guys HHHErase. I'm waiting to hear back from them to see if maybe that's something I could get. Frustrating to know there's a way to do it and you don't have the level of skill to knock it out. Thanks for the help and encouragement. I see where some other guys are having trouble with win7 and their g2 drives. Maybe I'll just wait til next year and see if the firmware shapes up on the newer drives and save my pennies for that. Got a lot to learn I 'spose...