cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

160gb x25-m g2, WEI disk score of 5.9??

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi everyone,

First post here. I just got a new 160gb x25-m g2, successfully flashed the firmware to 02HD, and installed Win7 x64 with AHCI enabled in the BIOS. After getting everything up and running, my WEI disk score is at 5.9. I have the same crystal disk mark scores as other posts, and things "feel" snappy - but I haven't seen others complain of their WEI score. Just curious if others have experienced the same, or if anyone has suggestions?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

take another wei test while your laptop is on "high performance" power setting !!

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Prior to making any changes just try rebooting and running the WEI. I have seen on ocassion Win7 will assign a low WEI score the first time it runs after OS install. Rebooting and re-running the index will then produces a higher score. Sometimes more than one reboot and re-run of the WEI is required. With a properly running Intel SSD you should be scoring above 6.5 on the disk score. Most users will be in the 7's

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Changing the power settings did the trick, I'm at 7.6 now. Thanks!

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Did you first try re-running the WEI before changing the power settings? Honestely I don't know of anything in the power settings that should affect your WEI disk score. I have a feeling your score came up ONLY because you re-ran the WEI

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Yep, made no difference. It was definitely the power settings, which is very curious indeed.

And I should note I was on AC power the entire time.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

My suggestion to change the power setting to high performance was based on me getting the same wei score of 5.9 with my G2 160 02hd firmware, I then remembered that someone over at ocz forums solved a low ATTO benchmark and slow boot by changing the power setting, and that did it for me!

It,s now 7.7 !